- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- olive oil
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Lightly coat the chicken with plain flour.
3. In a large pan heat the oil, add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Set aside the chicken.
4. Heat more oil in the pan and add the capsicum, onion and garlic. Saute over medium heat until the onion is soft.
5. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and oregano and bring to a boil.
6. Return the chicken to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the polenta. In a medium saucepan, bring milk, water, and fresh or frozen corn kernels to a boil.
8. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly until incorporated. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened. If polenta is too thick, add more water.
9. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
10. Serve polenta on plates with the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Simple to make and super delicious!