Recipe adapted from The Healthy Chef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1L stock
- 2 cups water
- 500g green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the rice and stir through for about a minute.
- Add 2 cups of stock and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until absorbed. Continue adding stock and then water, 1 cup at a time, waiting for the liquid to be absorbed before adding more.
- Blanch the peas for 1 minute in boiling water and then drain.
- Add half the peas into a high performance blender or food processor and puree with half the spinach until smooth. Combine the pea and spinach puree along with the whole peas and spinach into the risotto and stir through.
- Add parmesan, salt, pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
I don’t think I’ve ever made a risotto this green before! This risotto was creamy and light, and tasted almost too good to be healthy.