I went to a potluck a little while ago and a friend of mine made this amazing salad. It was light, crunchy, sweet, tangy and had a distinctive sesame flavour to it. I was desperate for the recipe and when I asked for it, my friend simply stated that it was all in the dressing: Roasted Sesame Kewpie Japanese Dressing.
So this dressing can be found at asian grocery stores, particularly the ones that stock Japanese and Korean items.
- Soba noodles
- Kewpie Japanese dressing
- Carrots (cut julienne)
- Cucumber (cut julienne)
- Baby Spinach leaves
- Sesame seeds
- Hard boiled eggs (optional)
1. Cook soba noodles according to package directions
2. Once the noodles are cooked, drain under cold running water for a few minutes minutes until they feel silky
3. In a large bowl combine the noodles, carrots, cucumber, spinach, hard boiled eggs (sliced) and Kewpie dressing. Mix well.
4. Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds