1. Cook noodles according to directions on the package. (I didn’t add any noodle seasoning but you can if you want to) Drain the noodles and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Whisk 1 egg into a bowl and add the noodles. Mix well to ensure that the noodles are coated with the egg. Divide the egg-dressed noodles in half and place each half into a ramekin or other round container. Cover the noodles with plastic wrap, and place a can of soup or heavy bowl on top to press it into shape. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Add oil to a pan and once the oil is hot, cook the noodle buns until each side is golden brown.
4. Cook the burger patty on a pan and once it’s cooked to your liking, place the cheese on top so that it melts onto it.
5. Fry 1 egg sunny side up.
6. Time to assemble the burger! The order I did this was: noodle bun, tomato sauce, burger patty (cheese side up), fried egg, beetroot, rocket and second noodle bun.
Thailand is without a doubt my favourite holiday destination. Part of the reason is of course the food! There is an enormous variety of both Thai as well as non Thai food that is fresh, delicious and unbelievably CHEAP! Here is just some of what I ate:
Duck skin with pancakes, spring onion, cucumber and special plum sauce
Stir fried duck meat with hand made noodles
Duck bone soup with bean curd
Pancakes – delicate paper thin pancakes, nice crispy duck skin, not so fresh cucumber and spring onion, sweet plum sauce = Not bad
Noodles – hand made noodles stir fried with chinese mushroom, bamboo and duck meat. The only problem was that there was hardly any duck meat! = Not bad
Soup – sweet clear broth with a very strong aroma of star anise = Not bad
I was a bit disappointed actually. From the way everyone had raved on about this place, I expected the duck to be utterly amazing. It wasn’t. The food was rather average, as was the atmosphere (chaotic at times) and the service (they definitely need more wait staff). On a side note, there are two dinner sessions to choose from: 6pm and 8pm. Make sure to book as this place is always busy.